If you wish to preserve your wealth for the next generation, you will need to take proactive steps to build a comprehensive estate plan. A well-designed estate plan allows you to manage your assets, plan for incapacity, and protect your loved ones throughout your lifetime.
Our team at Battlefront Legal will construct your estate plan with exhausting precision in accordance with your specific goals. We have a complete understanding of a wide variety of estate planning instruments and can leverage our legal acumen to deliver the results and peace of mind you deserve. Our firm can also represent you in litigation involving probate, wills, and trusts. Our Las Vegas estate planning lawyer is a U.S. veteran and is ready to go to battle for you.
We serve clients throughout the state of Nevada.
Schedule a free initial consultation by calling (702) 832-5200 or contacting us online.
As we prepare to create your estate plan, our team will carefully analyze your unique circumstances and determine the most effective means of protecting your interests. We consider our job done when you and our attorney believe your plan is perfect.
- A Review of Assets. We will carefully analyze your asset portfolio and determine how best to preserve and grow your wealth through effective estate planning.
- A Declaration of Trust. Trusts are an estate planning instrument that allow you to conveniently manage, distribute, and even shield many types of assets. Trusts can be used to distribute assets to beneficiaries after you pass away. They can help you avoid federal estate taxes, creditor claims, and probate. A declaration of trust establishes the trustor, trustee, and the trust’s beneficiary or beneficiaries.
- County Recorder’s Deed(s). These documents are used to transfer real property into your trust.
- Certificate of Trust. This document outlines your trust’s key terms verifies the trust’s authority.
- A Pour-Over Will. To minimize the impact of probate, we generally emphasize using a “pour-over will,” which “catches” assets not placed in trusts. We provide options for the distribution of all types of assets including real property, financial accounts, liquid assets, special gifts to charities, heirlooms, and vehicles.
- Medical Powers of Attorney. Appoint a trusted agent to advocate for you in situations where you become incapacitated and unable to communicate. Your medical power of attorney will rely on your advance directives to make decisions about your healthcare and preferred methods of treatment.
- Durable Powers of Attorney. “Durable” powers of attorney remain in effect if you become incapacitated, allowing your agent to make important decisions on your behalf and manage your affairs within a scope that you define.
Our Las Vegas estate planning attorney also regularly assists clients with probate, elder law, will litigation, and trust litigation. Probate can be a complex and overwhelming process, but our team can guide you through each step and provide you with estate administration support. Certain types of property transfers will take place outside of probate. We can advise what type of proceeding you are facing and how best to approach the asset transfer.
At Battlefront Legal, we are committed to promptly answering your questions about Nevada estate planning, wills, trusts, and probate proceedings. We will gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience, and our team is available by phone 24/7.
To make the most out of your complimentary case evaluation, we request that you consider your goals and gather certain information in advance. If you need our help preparing a last will and testament, we ask you to have a general understanding of your property and who you wish to receive your property.
If you are interested in creating a trust or a broader estate plan, you will need to bring an understanding of your asset portfolio and have some basic goals in mind. For example, you may wish to pass your assets to your children without going through probate and protect your home and cash assets from liability wherever possible.
If you are seeking assistance with probate, we will need specific information, including:
- The names, residences, ages, and residences of heirs
- An estimated total value of the estate
- A list of the estate’s property
- Debts, liens, or mortgages on any of the estate’s property
- Who will serve as the estate’s personal representative
- Whether an enforceable last will and testament has been found
Our team at Battlefront Legal can continue to assist you with making regular changes to your estate plan as your circumstances evolve. Our Las Vegas estate planning lawyer is committed to protecting your legacy and helping you achieve your goals.
Christopher R. HarrisonAttorney Christopher R. Harrison, Esq. is originally from southern Arkansas. He moved to Riverside, California during elementary school and graduated from Redlands High School in Redlands, California in 1999. Christopher enlisted with the United States ...